Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm a little slow when it comes to sitting down and writing on
the computer, sorry it has taken me so long. Let's see what to
tell you about me. I'm a Army Brat, I was born at FT. Hood
Texas. My father decided to retire at Ft. Huachuca in 1973 and so
for the most part I grew up in the 1st ward. I met my husband in
1983 when I was vacationing in England. I was on a date with another
guy and when I met him, it was love at first sight. He wasn't a
member and so I gave him a Book of Mormon with my testimony and
started writing him. In 1985 I served a mission to Auckland New
Zealand which was for me a great blessing. I came home in 1987 and
started working and going to school. To make a long story short my
husband joined the church in July 1989 and we began a long distance
courtship via letters and phone calls with occasional long
weekends. He proposed in December on Christmas day and we were
married the following August in the Los Angeles temple. I have seven
years worth of wonderful letters.
My husband was Airforce and so I happily rejoined that way of
life. In 1993 we were blessed with our first son Samuel and the rest
of our children followed in quick succession, Amelia in 1995, Matthew
in 1997, Adam and Nicholas in 1999, and James and Simon in
2001. Having six sons is an adventure and could take on a blog all
of it's own. Gratefully the Lord gave my a daughter to keep me
grounded. In 2007 we retired from the Airforce and moved home which is here.
I have many hobbies and interests, I love to read, quilt, hike,
and am learning to sculpt. I love second hand stores and antiques and
old keys. I am new to gardening and am learning from my many
mistakes. I love to go new places and meet new people. My
favorite hobby is my children and I am content to have them occupy
most of my time until they leave home. I have lost many of my
memories of them when they were small because of the constant fatigue
and stress and am enjoying them while they are still with me and my
brain remembering. Life goes to quickly.
I have continued my 27 year courtship and find my marriage to
be one of the most satisfying parts of my life. I am an optimist and
look forward to the future. I believe that our greatest days are a
head of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!