Thursday, May 5, 2011

All about Me-The Dana Version

Heather suggested that we all write a little something about ourselves here.  I guess that's a good way to get the ball rolling!

I'm Dana.  :D  (big smile)

I am married to Matt, an anti-social, but lovable guy.  He is 9 years older than me and we first stared hanging out when I gave him a black eye. (yup, there is a story there!)

Today is my son, Connor's birthday.   He is 9 and my daughter is 6.

Even through we are military, we have not moved very often.   We met at the Presidio and spent a while bouncing around separately, only to end up at Hood....for 12 years and 7 deployments, two kids and a lot of memories.

I am a small town girl at heart so I am enjoying Sierra Vista, but I would love to see a Hobby Lobby here!

As for my hobbies and talents, it's easier to list what I've never tried than list what I have.   I am a big fan of trying new things and learning how to do stuff.   Everything from practical, useful skills to the completely useless.....

But I've never learned to cut hair (other than a high and tight), do highlights, or knit.

I never plan on knitting.  I don't have that kind of patience.

Random fact?   I have a disorder that makes it hard to process things and put them in long term memory.   My short term memory tends to have HUGE holes in it....so I forget names, commitments, my wedding day....yeah.  I forget lots of stuff.  That's a big reason why I like taking pictures.   It helps me remember moments.   And I love the Army because everyone wears a name tag.   AWESOME.

I love to read, but never seem to have time.  I watch tv while I work on the computer.  I'm learning to build furniture and......I'm really excited about this project.

I'm hoping to actually have some more face to face contact this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!